Wednesday 31 October 2012

4x5.


During my first year at algonquin College I hated the 4x5 with a passion. It was bulky, slow, and the pictures we took of still life and stuff didn't really show to me how awesome these films were. It was when i shot my architecture that I started to get a feel of how awesome it was. During the summer I was looking at some 4x5 portraits and was completely blown away, so when I got back to school the first thing I did was take the 4x5 out, and fell in love. The funny thing is, now some of the reasons I hated it are some of the reasons I love it. It is really refreshing taking one shot of a subject and location and making it good, opposed to 100 shots with my 5d and hoping as least one is good. Here are some of my first portraits with it this month. More to come... 





No comments:

Post a Comment